An Office Manager’s duties and responsibilities include performing day-to-day office administration and management including but not limited to office operations, IT support and management, human resources, payroll and bookkeeping, and insurance management. An Office Manager must demonstrate leadership skills and a thorough understanding of business operations to facilitate and optimize business processes. The duties are varied in nature ranging from general administrative duties such as drafting various forms of correspondence, oversight of manual and electronic document management, drafting meeting minutes, scheduling, and coordination with vendors, human resource compliance, and payroll and payroll taxes. Additionally, an Office Manager must be able to produce basic reports, track business expenses, ensure budgets are maintained, and provide guidance in the administration department.
The ideal candidate has a natural ability to be detailed oriented with excellent organizational skills; is a strong and reliable support to the company’s operations, human resources, and bookkeeping, maintains and creates processes and procedures, provides clear communication, and nurtures a pleasant work environment.
Supervision Received: Works under general supervision of the Senior Business Manager.
Supervision Exercised: May supervise subordinates as assigned.
Job Classification: Full-time, Exempt Employee.
Ditesco offers a comprehensive compensation package including health care (75% of employee and family premium paid; 100% individual); 401k, paid vacation, holidays, floating holidays, and performance-based bonuses. Salary range for this position is $50,000 to $70,000 per year; 26 pay periods.
Application Process: Send us your updated resume and cover letter.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Other duties may be assigned.
- Oversee day-to-day office administration including answering phones, greeting and assisting guests, scheduling appointments, office supply inventory purchasing, and oversight on preventative maintenance for all office equipment, including repairs and new purchases.
- Assist in establishing administrative and operation budgets and manage the budget guidelines within each company event or initiative.
- Ensure all administrative and operations efforts serve to achieve immediate and long-term business goals, identifying effectiveness and optimizing process improvements.
- Assist in delivering strategic operational and business development plans/programs.
- Develop and update administrative systems for efficiency, maintain administrative SOP binder; coordinate office procedures; resolve administrative problems and collaborate with other administrative staff.
- Manage all aspects of the office’s space/infrastructure planning (moves, adds, and changes to workstations) and provide answers, resources, and solutions as needed by employees.
- Responsible for asset management, equipment life cycles, and electronic tracking of all assets.
- Responsible for onboarding new staff by coordinating IT needs, documentation compliance for new hires, assistance in scheduling certifications, and mini-tutorial sessions provided in-house.
- Assist in updating Company Employee Handbook, including researching new regulations and procedures from a State and Federal level.
- Be a subject-matter expert on employee benefits and maintain ongoing analysis of applicable benefits as it pertains to the hiring market.
- Manage company insurance and employee benefits, lead open enrollment efforts, and manage insurance brokers.
- Complete employee performance appraisals of assigned employees with the Senior Business Manager through direct reviews or 360° reviews.
- Support the quarterly and yearly tax reporting, and draft quarterly new hire reports.
- Prepare basic reports, track business expenses, and assist in maintaining office budgets.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly invoices, pay summary sheets, and any supporting documentation.
- Assist in the preparation of payroll, payroll taxes and deferrals, and fringe benefit setup.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
A successful candidate must possess strong leadership qualities, analytical skills, thrive under pressure, great people skills, and a strong aptitude for process and procedure and arithmetic. Ultimately, an outstanding Office Manager should integrate and streamline business activities, achieve business goals through controlled and proven methods, and have a positive impact on staff productivity. The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Considerable knowledge of business administration experience related to office management systems and procedures.
- Considerable knowledge of human resource experience related to business administration.
- Ability to follow and maintain accounting procedures.
- Experience in bookkeeping and payroll processes.
- Knowledge of company insurance and employment benefits.
- Experience in company and employee insurance knowledge.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Ability to be detailed oriented with problem-solving skills and accuracy.
- Ability to follow and maintain office administration procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; proficient typing skills along with strong organization and planning expertise.
- Ability to have discretion and judgment to provide internal controls for office inventory management.
- Ability to understand budgets and maintain budget guidelines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality for clients and for the company.
- Verifiable proficiency in MS Office, and QuickBooks. Adobe Suite and other financial software are a plus!
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, vendors, clients, and the public.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in business administration, human resources, or related field and past work experience as an office manager or similar role or combination of education and experience.
Special Licensing or Certification: Willingness to obtain a Colorado Notary Public license.
Experience: Minimum 4 years experience in a business and office administration environment with a proven increase of responsibility and management experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common office procedures. Ability to communicate with employees, clients, and the public and respond to common inquiries from clients (internal and external), regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively participate and communicate with vendors and people in the trades and industries in which Ditesco participates. Ability to effectively present information to management and supervisor.
Ability to apply basic business mathematical concepts necessary to perform basic financial calculations, and budget management including but not limited to addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of administrative instructions to resolve administrative matters including but not limited to software and technology used with in the office.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The work environment for this job is normally a general office environment, project site or client location.
Travel for this position is limited to conferences and training that the company may support.
Application Process: Send us your updated resume and cover letter.