associate project manager (civil engineer)
The Associate Project Manager (Civil Engineer) will be responsible for the design, project, and construction management of public utilities, with a focus on outside plant fiber with assistance from a Senior Project Manager or Senior Engineer. Work involves the design and management of multiple projects at one time. The Associate Project Manager (Civil Engineer) position will be responsible to multi-task and manage multiple projects effectively. They will also be responsible for the inspection of construction work for contract compliance, project documentation, and recommendation of remediation measures as necessary.
Supervision Received: Works under the general supervision of the Senior Project Manager, Senior Construction Manager, or Senior Civil Engineer, when assigned.
Supervision Exercised: Does not directly supervise subordinates.
Job Classification: Full-time, Exempt Employee.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Other duties may be assigned. Duties are varied in nature, and include:
- Work with a team of Ditesco employees, consultants, and contractors to achieve project goals.
- Management of Engineering design, working collaboratively with Ditesco employees, sub-consultants, and Project Owners.
- Contract and subcontract preparation and management.
- Provide field engineering support as needed on construction projects.
- Complete Site inspection for Engineering Design and Construction Management Services.
- Owner's representative services.
- Construction project management duties include coordination with Design engineers, Subcontractors, Sub consultants, Contractors, and Owners; management of quality control program; understand and contribute to project budget controls; project document management; complete construction inspection and oversite; coordinate with team and Senior Project Manager, as necessary.
- Understand project budgets. Budget understanding shall include Ditesco's internal budget as well as a project budget.
- Understand and effectively contribute to the management of project schedule controls.
- Perform Engineering Design tasks which include:
- Basic outside plant fiber engineering Design
- Utility design
- Prepare for, attend, and properly assist in the management of project progress meetings (design and construction) to successfully progress the project design and construction process and objective.
- Understand project risk in engineering design and construction management.
- Assist in project invoicing, completing timely reviews, and accurate reporting of project costs.
- Participate in proposal creation and interviews, when requested.
The successful candidate will work collaboratively with their teammates and assigned supervisor to help achieve their respective Engineering Design and Project Management objectives.
**Must have a reliable vehicle**
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
· Minimum 3-years of experience in engineering design or construction with a background in outside fiber plant Engineering Design, Construction Management, and/or Project Management.
· Field engineering and layout knowledge.
· Knowledge of engineering principles and construction practices related to fiber outside plant, commercial and public buildings, and public utilities construction.
· Ability to ensure compliance with, and follow standard safety practices and procedures common to construction work.
· Understanding of construction phasing and practices and ability to implement this knowledge inaccurate and construction-grade engineering design.
· Ability to compile data and statistics and evaluate and write reports.
· Ability to prepare budgets, proposals, and manage job costs.
· Ability to prepare engineering cost estimates for design and construction projects.
· Ability to effectively communicate using both oral and written communication to internal, external teams and clients.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other agencies, clients, and the public.
· Ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects at one time.
· AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and/or Microstation experience.
· ArcGIS experience
· Microsoft Project scheduling software or similar experience.
Education: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree in Engineering is required.
Special Licensing or Certification: Engineer Intern certification preferred.
Experience: Minimum 3 years of increasingly responsible experience in engineering and construction with an emphasis in the following areas:
- Construction Management and Project Management
- Engineering Design preferable related to municipal or federal agency projects or outside plant fiber infrastructure
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to communicate with clients and the public and respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively communicate with contractors and people in the construction trades to interpret plans, specifications, and contracts in resolving construction-related issues. Ability to write speeches, white papers, and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to management, public groups, and/or clients.
Ability to apply mathematical concepts necessary to perform engineering calculations at an entry, professional engineering level.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; climb, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, outside weather conditions, uneven terrain, underground or confined space conditions, building heights, and elevated workspaces. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud requiring appropriate hearing protection.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: 10%-25%
Compensation: Typical salary range for this position is $70,000 to $100,000 and will be commensurate with experience relative to the position.
Traditional benefits package (health care, vision, dental, paid time off, paid holidays, etc.)
- STD/LTD disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Simple IRA plan
- Company provided vehicle or paid mileage
Application Process: Send an updated resume and cover letter to email@example.com, or press the button below!